Monday, May 25, 2009

You can't say

We were once like jelly.
Sharing secret hideouts, and possessing secret handshakes.
We'd talk about society's flaws till dawn,
And awake to another one of those good mornings,
Where we then craved for pancakes with strawberries on the side.
But once we ran downstairs,
We did not cringe at the fact that there weren't any pancakes
(neither were there any strawberries),
For we had one another.
And I would not have traded all the pancakes and strawberries in the world,
For our friendship.
Then one day, you left.
With all your insecurities and failed attempts of trying to get hold of something
Better.
Thank you for making me feel like I was part of the team.
Thank you for noticing me.
Thank you for trying to teach me to control my emotions.
But do not do that,
anymore,
because,
I can't stand ironies.

No comments:

Post a Comment