Saturday, April 25, 2009

songwriting, invisibility, and oh so faint memories


A friend of mine recently reminded me what it was like to feel 8 all over again.


I'm not like her. I don't sound like her. You have no idea. We all have different opinions, various perceptions. We're one in a million, don't you see? Im a fallen deer, slowing down. Backing up. Turning around. Because Im unaware of what's to come. But I hate this, and I want to be just like the stronger ones. And as I cling on to this crumpled piece of paper, with ink smudged on it, I've finally figured it out. I've figured you out. I've figured out what the world's like. I've figured out how trees grow. I've figured out how flowers blossom. I've figured out how waterfalls form. I've figured out where The Nile River ends. I will never be like the rest. I could dream all I want. But I will never be like the rest. And the rest will never be like me. And you will never be like the rest. Neither will the rest be like you. We're one in a million, don't you see? Maybe, its time we danced.

No comments:

Post a Comment